Monday, October 1, 2012

And now...we wait

We had our appraisal completed and good news! The house is valued for more then our final purchase price, so yay! We did good :) Yes, I'm patting myself on the back.

The underwriter has all of the components of our loan together and the final step is submitting it to USDA/the feds for processing. The current wait times are 15-19 days, but I'm hoping those times shorten. If it wasn't sent off before 5pm today, it will happen first thing in the morning. So, we're just sitting on our hands at this point...twiddling our thumbs...watching paint dry...

I was hoping we would be in the house before Halloween. With the max time frame though, it looks like we might miss it. I'm kind of bummed about that.

Oh well, not much we can do.

It was the kiddo's picture day today. He spent way too much time picking out the appropriate "nice" shirt to wear. It was pretty cute. He made sure not a hair was out of place and not a smudge of extra toothpaste was on his chin. So grown up...he'll be 6 years old on Wednesday. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?! Every year its the same shock. I just don't want my baby to get so big. Also, he let me know that I'm not his #1 girl. I'm #5. That's right ladies and gentlemen. He listed off 4 little girls in his class that rank higher. He likes them because they have pretty hair. Goodness, can I just lock him up, now? This kindergarten stuff is a bit too overwhelming for mommies.

No comments:

Post a Comment